How technology has made a difference…
Remember that great invention, the magic eight ball? You ask it a question, shake it and then turn it over to reveal the answer. If only all of life’s difficult questions could be answered so easily!
When it comes to retirement planning, people have a lot of questions but often times they do not know how to address them. Our goal is to help our clients have a clear understanding of where they are at financially, where they want to be in the future and how to get there. Sounds simple and yet so many Canadians are not prepared for retirement.
Our firm has developed a proprietary interactive online planning tool called My Financial Future (MFF) to provide our clients financial clarity for their future. We have found that with the introduction of this tool our clients are more engaged and excited about their financial planning.
At our regular client review meetings we can use My Financial Future to review and update our clients’ personal plans. Additionally, clients are able to access and make updates to MFF themselves at any time.
1. ”What If” Scenarios – Do you have those burning questions? Should we pay off the mortgage first?
2. Budget – You can plan your budget and forecast where your money will be spent.
3. Retirement Projection – How much do you really need for your retirement years? How much do you have now? What do you need to do to reach your goal?
4. Net Worth – Your assets and liabilities are tracked so that you can see your progress.
5. Important Documents – You can keep copies of your will, power of attorney and other important documents so that you can quickly access them.
Among the many great things that this tool does, it allows our clients to run their family finances like a business. They now have a better command of their financial future, which relieves a lot of the fear and anxiety that can be associated with finances.
Our role as Financial Planners is to make a positive difference in the lives of our clients. We will always strive to find effective tools that can assist in that process. If you have any questions please let us know.